Monday 1 April 2013

Well its a new week and a new month Happy April fools day!!!

So what did you get up to over the weekend ? I hope you all had a lovely time and I hope your not feeling too choclated ( new word lol) out !

So are you all excited about the candy blog ? I know I am its always nice to give something back to your followers as a thank you .

Now this card is very pink!

I Have used a spellbinders Impressionabilities for the back ground on this, and I will tell you how I did it. 
first of all blank card, then I measured my black card so I could add a few more than usual faux pearls down the side I just added them randomly. Set aside to dry while I got on with the rest of the card.
I don't use the impressionabilites that much so I thought I would give it a go.
I ran it through the grand calibur got the impression on the card then while it was still taped to the card I took my Victorian velvet distress ink and blending tool and went over all the card. I wasn't happy with such a dull look so again while taped to the card I went over the stencil again but this time with my perfect medium clear pad. took off the stencil and while still wet shook clear embossing powder over the whole page. shook excess of the dried it with my heat gun.
that's better it had a sheen to it now
which you can see in this picture.
I then took the large standard circle die from the spellbinders range and the largest circle from my splendid circles cut and embossed both my matt was done using holographic silver card (which I love) and the splendid circle cut from black card stock.
I then cut and embossed my butterfly again in silver holographic card stock love the shimmer of different colours this card gives off. See picture 


I then added that to my circles. found some nice silver peel offs one with just a note sentiment so I placed that in my black circle and the other were yes you guessed butterflies 
before putting the butterfly peel offs on the card I wanted them risen so I stuck them on card stock and cut around them so I could shape them. A bit fiddly but I got there . shaped them and placed them on the card. When I use butterflies I like to add a trail from them and on this occasion I added black pearl swirls.
Last but no means least i added three black gems to the top left and bottom right just to finish the card off.
I am so in to butterflies at the moment I cant stop using them.
I think my daughters will have to hide them from me so I can use something else lol
I was going to start using my new D-Lites spellbinders but im still waiting for them boohoo 
hopefully they will turn up now that Easter is over and done with....

so that's it for today hope you have a lovely time what ever you have planned see you tomorrow for yes another card..


Ttfn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting