Tuesday 2 April 2013

Tuesday is full of love !!!







You guessed it , My new D-lite spellbinders have arrived. I was so excited to get going with them as soon as.
After much delegation as there are so many gorgeous ones I went for the heart first to spread some love among us all.

Now the front red card was purposely cut like this from another card I made first .....see thinking ahead!!!! which in fact does make a change for me.... did it hurt yes like mad lol
but im trying to be organised for a change.
so there you go a leopard can change its spots lol

anyway now were are away with Easter for another year and we are on downer from all the choccie we ate I thought "spread the love" which is why your seeing this card

Its a really quick and simple one to make and if you don't have the second range of D-lites you can do any style of die you have/ I was thinking back to the sewing ones and I think the tailors dummy would be good to do like this too. so the possibilities are endless.

back to the card. blank card to start you can use any size up to you, then I found some red mirri card from Christmas, I have been digging deep! it has stars all over it hopefully your see that in the picture below
measured the card and using a tape pen stuck it to my blank card, now as I said earlier I had cut a heart out of the red shimmer card so i was just left with the aperture in this card. I rounded my edges of using a corner trimmer and mounted foam on the back as i wanted this card raised,

I then got my heart again and cut it out on gold card stock.I glued the back of the heart and stuck it flat on my mirri card.
Then I added a few gems to the heart. In looking at the picture you can see the raised effect I was after.

then the rest is even more simple, I cut two strips of gold card and two thinner strips of the red card and and made a straight border down the left side and across the bottom, again I mounted these on foam as again I wanted a raised effect.

My other brilliant D-lites set is the petite labels they are adorable. so with that I stamped my sentiment on gold card and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder,
I love these dinky labels they are perfect I liked this shape as it sort of resembles a banner which was the effect I was after. I don't think you can see it on the picture but I kind of bent the sentiment in the middle to raise it a bit. I stuck 2 very small pieces of foam at the very ends of the label kinked it and stuck it on to the banner.
seeing stars on the red mirri card?

to finish the card off I added the same gems that I use on the heart in each corner of my card.
the i couldn't resist adding a line of faux pearls down each side of my borders.
and that was it....simples!!!

To make the faux pearls I use cosmic shimmer pearl glue, you can get it in all sorts of colours including  clear, I use a lot of this glue on all my projects because it dries clear and in quick time.
colours i have use before to do faux pearls are black pink, blue, brown, gold, silver and bronze and I think they have more colours but I haven't used them .

so that todays card I hope you like as much as I did making it
tomorrow I will show you the first card I made using the heart die.
I will be spreading the love this week lol.....


so that's it folks please leave a comment let me know if you like the work I do on making my cards, I know my style doesn't suit everyone but if we all liked the same thing life would be so boring!! but its still nice to know that you visit the blog and are interested in what I do....

pop over to the shop the new categories a craft shop is up as well as sub headings... wont be long now for all the goodies to arrive there ...watch this space and remember when the shop opens so does blog candy on here  ... exciting!!!!

so see you all Wednesday
Ttfn xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting