Wednesday 3 April 2013

Any one remember the show heart 2 heart ???



Ok so im showing my age today lol in remembering heart two heart with Stephanie Powers and Robert Wagner and for the life of me I cant remember the dogs name lol
how sad is that when he was the star of the show? anyone remember ? let me know lol
so this card is for the dog that I cant remember the name of lol






I love this card, and yes im loving the dies too lol 

This was the first card I made using the spellbinders D-lites dies. I fell in love as soon as I see the heart its called vines of passion and its beautiful.
and I hope I am show casing them as they deserve to be .... the heart of the show. 
I see a similar design on Sue Wilson's  blog  particraft  scroll down to SATURDAY, 16 MARCH 2013 
and you will see her beautiful card using these dies plus you will see other beautiful cards she designs. she is one talented lady, a true american gem as I called her. 
ok I will stop plugging Sue and get on with my card  lol.

blank card as usual then I went for white card stock and cut to size, I used the garden delights embossing folder and ran the white card through the grand calibur. another favourite of mine, I then grabbed some shimmer red card and cut that down now I wanted the embossed paper to show more than usual so I measured an inch around so then I knew how big my red card needed to be. Cut it to size and mounted using foam pads onto my embossed card.
i then grabbed my white card again and cut that down. this time I used the double heart embossing folder. I mounted that on to my red shimmer card again using foam pads.


Blew this right up so you can see the embossing.
I cut my hearts out using the same red shimmer card stock and you can see in the picture I inter linked them together so they would fit on my white background which they did ...just!

next step was to glue them together and then on to my card. this time I added pearl gems to the heart . I think they gave a softer finish than the gems from yesterday.

next was the adorable petite tags, I used the other shape this time. I cut out my white card using die cutting machine and then I needed a slightly bigger size as a matt but I had used the biggest petite label. So what I did was on my red card that I had left I placed the biggest die I had used and drew around it on the outside edge I then carefully cut it out using scissors. ha I had made another sized petite label. 

That's what I love about spellbinders when you get the packets of the basic shapes if you think about it you always get double bubble. as you can draw around any die and make it bigger giving you another die size.... clever!!!
anyway I put the die back over my white card label as I thought the white needed something on it . I grabbed my Victorian velvet distress ink and blended slightly over the die to give a hint. lifted my die of and hey presto!!

using foam pads I mounted my sentiment on the corner.
last thing to do was?????........... faux pearls
I added them on the red shimmer card and a few on my white background card. you can just about see that in the above picture.
Job done!

and guess what I remembered the dogs name lol Freeway ! so pooch this card is for you lol

now as I remembered that I still have a question for you ... what was the old boys name who always looked after freeway ?

that will bug me now till I know lol

So thats it for today, answers on a postcard please lol

take care folks 
see you tomorrow with another new D-lite card 

Ttfn xxx













No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting