Sunday 31 March 2013

Blog Candy Coming soon!!!!

Its Easter Sunday and as I sit looking out of my window im thinking when is spring going to pop by and say hello im here???
so I feel today we need a bit of brightness in our life's, yes we all have the family around enjoying Easter eggs and while im preparing the roast beef dinner im thinking the kids really are not going to eat it . They have stuffed all the chocolate they can in to there tummy,s and there will be no room for the lovingly prepared Sunday roast, kids are so thoughtful aren't they!!
I say kids but mine are all teenagers lol  think that makes it worse lol

so as we are talking chocolate i was thinking about blog candy which I know a lot of blogs do
but with my candy you will have to work for it....
but nothing to strenuously.
as most of you know im in the throws of opening a craft supply section in the web shop . orders for stock have been placed so its just a case of waiting for my stock to arrive then it can go live (items im selling)
when this shop does go live as a thank you to you all im going to do candy give away, the contest will be as follows 


LEAVE A COMMENT, WIN SOME candy!!! 

Enter the contest by becoming a follower, leaving a comment on the blog
For each post that has over 100 comments left on it before the following post goes live, I will put every name from the comments left in to a hat and draw one lucky winner every Monday  If there are any posts that have over 200 comments left before the next post goes up,( being very optimistic!) then I will do an additional draw from that post, if you post anon then unless your name is on the comment you will not go into the draw.

your prize this time will be these really helpful items
a blending tool and replacement foams 




now for the next contest haha yes i am running two....

when i reach 500 followers i will again put every one in a hat and draw 1 winner to win 
the lucky winner will win £25.00 of craft goodies from my shop you can pick what ever you like (as long as in stock) from cards that i have made to craft supplies .......now isn't that an incentive to join me everyday!!!!
if your the lucky winner and your name is posted on the blog as the blog candy winner then all I will need you to do is email me with your name and address details and the prize will wing its way to you.....

so you will have to join me everyday now to see when the on-line shop is open. it is open now for cards just not craft supplies so keep watching this space......... and start signing up to the blog now!!!!!

Now for my Easter Card..........
As I said earlier we need brightening up and you cant get much brighter than this card,


Wow put your sun glasses on now!!!!


This card is bright in fact the camera didn't do it justice, and yes its yellow which isn't every ones cup of tea but I quite liked the colour 
I started with my blank card, and used distress ink just around the edge the colour was mustard seed
I then found some orange card cut it down and placed that on top of my distressed yellow card.
added faux pearls and let them dry while I worked out what was next.
Ok now the yellow patterned card I made from scratch so in 1,2,3 steps this is what I did 
I found a lovely background stamp with butterflies on with some script mixed into it now im not sure who or when I got this stamp but that was what I used.
  1. Stamped randomly over the white card  using background stamp and mustard seed distress ink leaving some white areas 
  2.  Got a sentiment stamp and again using mustard seed ink randomly stamped in the gaps were I left white patches
  3.  Took blending tool again mustard seed ink and went round the edge of card.
  4.  Using heat gun dried all the ink over card (distress ink stays wet for while)
  5. Took paisley embossing folder and ran the card through the grand cailbur this was because I wanted texture as well as colour lol

you can just about see the the embossing and stamp I used here 

That was it, not difficult but effective and you don't have to do it yellow you can use any colour and any stamps you have.

ok next i found my label die i love this shape and cut out two different sizes one in the orange as a matt and the second in a white card on the white card i left it in the die and went again with mustard seed around the edge i also stamped my sentiment in yellow, layered both up on my card and added faux pearls again.
now for the finishing touches a butterfly which i cut out embossed and left in the die so i could ink through then i went over my inked bits again still in die and used my perfect medium clear and went over all the inked bits 
took out of the die added some clear embossing powder shook of excess and using my heat gun embossed the powder so i had a glossy finish to the butterfly . added pearls down its back and glued it to card.

Now the bow was made from lace I had in my ribbon stash made a bow placed some hat pins in to it and then added a pearl gem to it 
that's it job done!
for anyone who cant see the sentiment it says " follow your dreams until they take wing and fly"
which I think is a lovely sentiment.

so lots going on today announcing the new blog candy games, and doing a card I have really spoilt you on this hopefully happy Easter Sunday,

So that's it folks till Monday's blog so I hope you all have a wonder Easter and don't indulge in to many chocolate eggs lol I think im going to join the kids now and have a bit of my walnut whip egg my husband has brought me yummy!!!!!

TTFN xxxx

















No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting