Saturday 30 March 2013

Very understated!!!!

I love this style of card and you can do it with any spellbinder shape-abilities you have.On this occasion I have opted for the butterfly from  les papillion set .

I love the simplicity of this card and it is so easy and quick to make. In fact I think I made four different coloured cards in this style the same day.my kids thought I had gone nuts cos usually I don't really make two cards the same. but I was on a roll this day....... and this one was the first and favourite so im showing it to  you.



blank card to start. followed by black matt card . I added a gold peel off border round the edge of the black card. I then measured my white card and decided were I would want the butterfly. I choose top right hand corner but you can do it anywhere.
I then just cut out the butterfly using my grand calibur. Ok so I am left with a white butterfly for another card so it wont go to waste but I wanted the negative image for this card.
i then went to my paper stash which we all have in the corner of the room and placed different coloured patterned card behind the image to see which piece I liked best, and I went for this brown and black patterned paper.I used foam pads to mount it on the piece of white card because I want my white card stock raised from the paper. I then mounted the white card on to my black matt card. next my sentiment I didn't want to add any more dimension to the card so I stamped my sentiment straight on to my white card. I would have usually added some swirl gems to the butterfly but I had ran out so in looking at all my dies I found really small flowers from  the layered scalloped posy set which are from heartfelt creations for spellbinders.
I cut and embossed 7 of those out and added a flower gem to each and glued them trailing from the butterfly down to my sentiment 
I finished the whole card off by faux pearling the edge .

so what do you think no bows no frills just plain and simple. 

I hope you like this one it is one of my favs this year and so easy to reproduce. with so many variations you can make these so quickly .

tell me what you think do you like or dislike?

make sure you pop back tomorrow for a card that will bring brightness to your dull days.....and find out what all the blog candy news is about.......


another card soon, so take care folks

TTFN xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting