Saturday 28 April 2012

Who or What Inspires You

Good morning folks, hope your in for having a  fantastic weekend.

I had someone the other day ask me where do I get my ideas and inspirations from to make such different cards, I found this one of the easiest questions to answer,

I started crafting years ago as I have said I was a florist and started making tags for bouquets etc, I have always been a crafter I do calligraphy, glass painting, cards, I make house signs from slate, paint, decorate etc,so the arty bit has always been there,

I started doing cards more serious a few years ago when I purchased a cuttlebug die cutting and embossing machine, I watched demo on it and was hooked, then not so long after I purchased the daddy die cutting and embossing machine, the grand caliba which takes A4 paper/card as apposed to the cuttlebug A5 size.

I was watching create and craft one day as I knew the grand caliba was appearing,and as I settled down to watch the demo's I was fixated to the screen as an american lady called sue wilson came on air, And from that day it was sue that took my card making to a different level,

Now if anyone knows sue wilson you will know she is the queen of spellbinders, what she can do with a spellbinder is amazing, What she doesn't know about spellbinder really isnt worth knowing,
and you can find some of her cards (which is well worth a look at her blog ) at http://particraft.blogspot.co.uk/, she runs little competitions for her members,and posts a different card idea everyday,
Her blog is a must to follow for anyone with a grand caliba or cuttlebug,

you can see her on create and craft to this week as again she is doing some fantastic demos again using a new set of dies from spellbinders (cant wait for mine to turn up)

so the answer to the question what or who inspires you  is a simple one, Sue Wilson is my inspiration,

I will upload a card in a while for some reason blogger is not co operating this morning so make sure you pop back to see another Sue Wilson inspired card....

Other news 
I order a window cling from
http://www.studiocrafts.net/

I have not long moved in to My new home in Scotland the house has been empty for 10 years or so and it needed a lot of work, I am glad to say we are now getting there with a few touches still need doing,
while was I looking around I popped to ali's site I had seen her clings and I really liked them, bright, colourful and some quite sweet,
I was wondering how I could use these on my home, or where I could use them, as I really liked her ideas.
anyway I have a piece of glass above my door and thought I would have ali design a house name cling,
I wanted the name two tone with butterflies as my whole house is filled with them, gave her the brief and wow I am over the moon with the design she has come up with,
its looks so stylish and includes my butterflies and two tone black with gold shadowing,
and I cant wait for it to turn up, and place above my door,
the service I received was second to none, she started work on it straight away, we had three drafts to go with to which I must say was my fault as I kept asking her to tweak this and that, I am a fussy bugger lol
not once did she say no cant do this or that my every  tweak was catered for ,
we spoke on the phone which was lovely she is a genuine lovely hard working lady that deserves to do well, and I for one will certainly use ali and her shop  http://www.studiocrafts.net/ again....
thanks ali for a great service xx









1 comment:

  1. I started crafting years ago as I have said I was a florist and started making tags for bouquets etc, I have always been a crafter I do calligraphy, glass painting, cards, I make house signs from slate, paint, decorate etc. wide format paper rolls

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting