Tuesday 24 April 2012

Another day flies by......

Wednesdays blog posted Tuesday night, 
I know I am not going to have time to post a card tomorrow so thought I had better do it now. the card I have chosen today I like doing, it takes a bit of time and patients but I always love the end result .You can adapt it in so many ways.
chose different colours, designs, flowers etc..and as ever I am back to using my spellbinders,
As always I start with a blank card,
then I chose my colours , silver and black. I do like adding black on a card I think it makes it look more stylish, I got my die cutting machine out and picked a em-bossility board some flower dies,scrolls, a border, butterfly die,and a half circle (if any one wants to know the dies by name contact me and I will look them up for you,but at the moment my dies are all in one big box unnamed) until I get my craft room sorted and my dies in there new home.
I cut all my dies out mainly using black card, apart from the large flower die. I left the butterfly in the die and rubbed over my versa mark and added some embossing powder on it to give the butterfly a bit of dimension and sparkle, I also added glitter to my flowers using a quickie glue pen.
I started with a black mounting card to cover the white,I then took a silver card cut it to size, I then placed my die exactly were I wanted it cut and embossed, so it left me with a filigree window,
I mounted the silver card over my black matting card to which you can now see the filigree window,
I embossed my black card to give texture, I cut two triangles out to fit over the bottom half of my silver card, so that was the base of my card done, I then started on decor,
I took my scrolls and placed them were I wanted and added my flowers, I then added my border on the left hand side,and placed my butterfly on the filigree window,stamped a sentiment,and finished off with cosmic glue faux pearls.
I have done a few variations of this card which can be found on www.taylormadecards.co.uk
again its always nice to get a comment so feel free.
also if you have spellbinder dies and are unsure an what to do with them again leave a note saying what the dies is and I will produce a card using that die and hopefully give you some ideas, I have many spellbinders and if I haven't got it I will still try and help by using one very similar.

that's it for today folks, again any questions, comment or advise please leave and I will get back to you.
I hope you all like this card as much as i enjoyed making it,and again many variations on my shop so nip over and have a look,

see you all tomorrow 

ttfn xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting