Friday 5 October 2012

day 3 of the xmas card designs




Good morning to you all, I think its starting to feel a bit frosty now in the mornings in Scotland  so i decided i would show you my frosty looking card, 

this was a card. i tweaked and tweaked and still didn't know were i was going, one of those cards that takes all day to make.

i was fairly happy with the end result and i hope you feel the same.



as always i started with a 8x8 card blank and picked a blue icy looking card from my co-ordinations Christmas pad.this one has snowflakes on so i sanded it a bit just so they came out of the card a little. 
I used a white card and stamped my background onto it this time using a black ink (archival) and before it dried i went over with my ultra thick embossing powder to give a high gloss finish to it. i cut out off black card a elongated flag shape.
i then cut out 2 borders and placed them each side of my embossed card, I then mounted all of that on to my blue card using foam pads to give dimension.
i stamped my sentiment and did my usual faux gems using the blue and silver coloured cosmic shimmer glue.
that was what i thought was the end of the card, then a few hours later i looked at it and thought no its not finished. I reached for my Christmas peel off s and found some melting snow shimmery ones so i added them to the top and bottom of my card were i had embossed. Then added a bow in the similar blue card and that then i thought was finished....

Again a few hours later i still wasn't happy so reached again for the peel offs, this time i used 2 bells again in the shimmery style i mounted them on black card and cut around this time i added them to the bottom corners, i was nearly happy!!!

I went back to my cosmic shimmer glues and decided to place little dots on my embossed card at the end off every swirl and in a few of the snowflakes,
i then just added a dazzlers button to my bow and i was finally happy with the card.....

it was a labour of love ... i have never gone back to card so many times in one day i must have been mad. but you know when something is not right. i feel this has to be one of the most expensive card i have made if you add the materials and time used to create it. but that's what a hand crafted card is all about, and thats the difference between hand-crafted and home-made cards.!!!

i hope you like it and if you do please leave a comment, again i would love to hear your views and comments good or bad!! 

just to mention i have brought some new Christmas dies and i cant wait to use them so make sure you tune in tomorrow as i will be using one of them, i havent even seen sue wilson use these yet, soooooo make sure you come back to see the card.
exciting stuff!!!
so thats it for today take care folks

and 


ttfn xxx




2 comments:

  1. Lovely. I always wondered if a bow would go well on a Christmas card and you proved that. My Poinsettia card I have in my shop, I first tried a ribbon on that, but to me and my boyfriend it wasn't quiet right, and so an extra poinsettia was what was needed. Took me as long on that as your card, before being happy. But its worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi liz thanks for popping over to me and your comments are always lovely,i too have shut my twitter account i did not feel it was working for me and to be honest i just dont have the time to keep posting on it all the time, i have been popping over to your shop and blog every now and again to see your cards and i must say i do like what your doing and wow you have been busy with xmas cards lol anyway hope we can stay in touch thro our blogs see you soon x

    ReplyDelete

thank you for commenting