Friday 28 March 2014

Tattered lace dies, Would you recommend them?

Good morning all, 

Now you know i like my dies and i was sceptical about the tattered lace dies, having used spellbinders for so long you get used to one thing.

well I decided to purchase just one tattered lace die, to see if i liked it. The one i brought was on offer in a well known hobby shop and its the one shown below the with love always sentiment.

After buying it i was looking at it and i do notice straight away you cant colour through the die but having said that you can always colour once die is cut. so no big hassle there.

i found tit very easy to remove from the card, in fact it just fell out, which considering how intricate the die is, was a surprise.
so all in all so far so good, 






This card i designed was made using spellbinder dies as well, as i have said i only have one tattered lace die (which might change now)

I started off with a blank card, and picked red as my main colour and a buttermilk dotted embossed card,
i made some faux pearls around the outside edge using my cosmic shimmer glue, i cut a black lattice spellbinder die from black card and placed that over my buttermilk card.
then cut out one tattered lace die out of my red card stock which was co-ordinations and then took my heart from the spellbinders delights and cut two out, one on red card and the other on white card i also cut out two mats again in  coordinating colours

i placed my design on the card were i wanted everything to go using the dry run then mat and layered my card applying glue and foam pads for dimension on the back of the hearts

TOP TIP !!!   to mat the tattered lace die on to solid card i place a blob of glue on the back of my hand and wipe over a piece of card stock to level it out. i then take my design and place it on the back of my hand covering the whole die shape with glue then stuck it down,
i find gluing intricate dies this way covers the whole design and also covers evenly so no squelches come out on your card when you place it down it also dies quicker.

all in all i am happy with the new die and the design i made. I do think more Tattered lace dies will be purchased in the future.


Another card using the tattered lace die



again same principal as before with faux pearls mat and layering I've just added a nice bow down the side of this card 

i would love to know if you use tattered lace dies and what you think of them, please use the comment box below. i would also like to know what tattered lace die you would recommend and why. or just tell me your fav one. if you have any cards you have made using these dies then send me them i will then put them on the blog.
always lovely to see other designs

well thats it for now please get in touch
till next time
ttfn xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting