Wednesday 14 May 2014

Moving away from a card today, the word is recycling!!!


firstly a warm welcome to two more new followers, my collection of lovely kind followers are growing.

I usually only make cards but I thought i would try something a bit different for me.


i wanted to enter another challenge and i came across this one here recycle challenge/ craft room

so this is going to be my entry. and the other challenge is at simplycreatetoo- anything but a card
and this challenge at rheddscreativespirit - anything goes altered art 
and finally alteredeclectics.-Altered Eclectics


So after looking at my cards to see which one i could recycle i decided i didnt want to do a card, i wanted to do something different.
so after having a rummage around i found this old coffee tin in my craft room, it had been used previously to hold pens i had but my collections had out grown the poor tin which was then just stored out the way.



so this is the poor pot which had no use 

this is the poor pot now 

 i used graphic 45 paper stock this one was the wizard of oz .i used both sides as its double sided stripes on one side and the wizard of oz crew on the other.

i used some seam binding ribbon
some paper flowers





i Found the whole thing really difficult to photograph.

 i also used my spellbinder dies for the butterflies and for the mats on the front. i also used my martha stewart punch.
i hope you like it, i did enjoy making it, it was something so different for me to do, in fact my youngest came in the room while i was making it. and has put a claim to it for her room,
so now that grotty little pot has a new lease of life again.

i may have a look around to see what else i can breath new life into.
anyway the sun is shinning in sutherland, and i have a garden to crack on with. i will put some photos up of the now and then of the garden when its nr completion, its certainly a labour of love for me. 
i have the trellis, posts and rest of fencing coming on friday so i will be busy over the weekend. 
and yes i do my own fencing and trellis the hubby is not keen on any gardening plus he works away so if i want something done i do it myself lol. my view is if he can do it i can do it better lol

take care folks please leave a comment i love looking at them. 
so the blog is a bit hit and miss today blogger wasnt playing fair today.
hugs to all that need one
ttfn xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for commenting